For many years I searched high and low for the best cheesecake recipe. I love Juniors’ recipes – they’re all pretty solid. But what I wanted was that thick, dense, New York cheesecake. No special flavors or anything – with the standard graham cracker crust. I want it good enough on it’s own, but fantastic when smothered in raspberry sauce.
Enter Martha Stewart’s recipe (here). Scroll through some pictures of me making that very recipe and at the bottom I’ll give you my Top 5 Tips for Making the Perfect Cheesecake!
My Top 5 Tips for the Perfect Cheesecake:
1) Use all room temperature ingredients – or you will have lumps!
2) Mix, mix, mix, MIX. And mix some more.
3) WATERBATH. But the trick to your water bath is to boil the water first and then put it in the pan. (I cover my springform with aluminum foil – as you should) Place in roaster or deep pan and gently pour the boiling water into the pan. Then place in your oven.
4) I do NOT cool in my oven. You can do this if you prefer but I have never had an issue with cracking when I cool it out of the oven.
5) Raspberry. Just pour it all over the top.
Make this cheesecake!